Friday 25 September 2009

The next step

Yesterday's visit to Sheffield saw me leave with a new lightweight pot on my arm.

I had gone down to Sheffield with instructions not to eat or drink after midnight in case the pot switch moved my wrist. If that happened then I would have to have an operation to reset it. Fortunately all went well and there were no problems. Another set of x-rays and a few instructions and I was on my way.

I've got this pot for three weeks by the end of which, the wrist should be set. Then rehab work on the elbow can begin in earnest.

The elbow is currently larger than my upper arm, so still some swelling then. It felt a bit odd to have the elbow unprotected, but I'll get used to it. I've got a "collar and cuff" support and have to avoid extending my arm past 90 degrees but can flex upwards to my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment